cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Dawn of war 2 beta.
Cpt Obvious
anyone else been testing it?
Imo it looks like it wont be worth the money. Just seems like dota with shiny new graphics and few extra units.

worth it to test since its free tho.

Mr G
had it since the 24th & managed to rackup Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II - BETA 32.5 hrs. Space Marines level 5 and Orks level 4, its alot more tabletop style of conflict lot less blob warfare and more tactical combat needed.

Got to admit it was abit strange at first but after awhile you release you are using your men more than before, with a better idea if what teams are doing and who they sould battle.

Heros are once more a major part if the game as with dow 1 but with the level system upto 10 means your commander really adds a key piece.

The multi players system suck major balls but the chance of a 3 v 3 match is awesome and some games have been truly epic lost buy 50 the other night and we both start with a ticket of 500. 3 control points to own so a 2 v 1 Cp system is a must.

Have been playing solo and dueling with frosty, I can see a real team work game with plenty of options. I know its still in beta and they even admit they are nt even balanced tested fully. If you love micro management unit tactical game then I'm sure you will get a buzz from it.

Looking forward to total wars empires as well coming soon, anyone else thinking of getting it and dow2?

Edited by Mr G on 28-01-2009 17:44

krakyn
As much as I love the total war series I'm not sure about Empires yet. But I will be getting DoW2 indulging my 40k obsession by getting to play 4 armies for the cost of a unit and no need to be depressed with my awful art skills, yes please Roll

agrippa
AAgrippAA1

my gamer tag, feel free to add me Smile i havent had a chance to get to grip with the game properly but i will do soon.

Raven
Give a incredibly wuick sentence of what dawn of war 2 is about Drunk 9as ive neva played it)

Mr G
add mrgbiggerg

its a RTS style game.

but hours spent painting the models... *twitch*

Edited by Mr G on 28-01-2009 22:33

Cpt Obvious
Bluntly said its glorified DOTA.

Cpt Obvious
Adding Agrippa and Mr G. Perhaps ill get more into it with some friendly training. Warning tho that i suck horribly.

Captain Obvious was taken as espected so im called Peeels here.

Raven

Cpt Obvious wrote:

Peeels here.

Epic name Rock

agrippa
capt obv -> its not an easy game to break into, DoW never was. the online community is totally unforgiving, but then again rts games have been like that since the beginning of time.

Not sure how you think its like DOTA tho.. cant make that link myself.

Ive had fun playing with mates so far. some of them are good, others arent, either way its been fun, so playing with ppl is the way foward. RELIC said that they want teh focus to be more towards 3v3 than 1v1.

frosty
hey, i'm up for games of this, name is icarus2oo2

Jump to Forum