cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
I smell Boink ! :D
fefe
have a look here party ppl
http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?...hp?id=2193

Cpt Obvious
oooh today? Shock Shock
edit: i misread it, some other update prolly today bah.

Edited by Cpt Obvious on 28-01-2009 11:50

Rofl teh cake
That means Don't touch Sandvich Achievement for me....

Hope we can abuse the matchbox to farm the achievements Devil

Cpt Obvious
achievement servers are for scrubs. myself i will enjoy heavy with improved natascha, then go scout when the scout numbers go down and get the stuff legit.

spaceboy
Well consider me a scrub then Pfft I'm happy I got to play with the KGBs without having to spend 20 boringass hours waddling about as a heavy Frown Also I think getting them "legit", and therefore in a normal game where people are trying to play properly and win, is really annoying as if it means playing in anyway other than you would usually then you're basically screwing up everyone else's fun selfishly chasing achievements. If you get that out of the way in a non-competitive place like an achievement server personally I think it's better for everyone concerned Wink

That said... WOOOOOOOOOOOO SCOUT UNLOCKS!!!!!!! xD XD XD

Rofl teh cake
I agree with Spacey. And I don't want to waste days, weeks, or in my case, months to hunt for achievements for a class, to get weapons, which I'll use for about 20 minutes and then go back to my spy/medic business.
As long as you are not a scout player, it wouldn't make sense to you, because that's just wasted time.

Cpt Obvious
well its ok i guess if you dont even play the class, but then again it means there aint much reason to get the weapons at all.

Mike
Well, that's the thing, you don't have to get the achievement/unlockables if you don't play that class. I never play the pyro or heavy, so I didn't bother with the any of that. Same with the Scout, I fucking hate him, so I'm not gonna bother getting any of the stuff. The next 2 weeks are not going to be enjoyable, 6-10 scouts on each server Sad

Edited by Mike on 28-01-2009 16:49

spaceboy
Yeah but I occasionally play all the classes in the game, even if only for 5 minutes just for a break from being discovered and killed as a spy, and when I do that it's a lot more fun having a bunch of different toys to choose between! Not to mention the farming process itself is actually quite fun in and of itself Smile

Leif
Woo scout Grin.
I just hope that he wont get a new scattergun that is like the backburner or something.

sick-lizard
if you want to cheat yourself out of the fun of gaining achievments during noraml game play then suit youselves Grin I personally don't set out to gain achievements and marvel when they appear. There is a something about gaining achievments in 6 vs 6 game that makes it extra fun too Smile

spaceboy
What I tend to do, now they've made it so you can have some left over and still get the unlockables, is to farm all the bulk ones (like kill 50 scouts or whatever) as I'd really feel no interest in getting them in game.. cos they're just inevitable given time. Then I'm left with peculiar incident ones (like ummm healing someone falling out of the sky to stop them dying or whatever) that could some day randomly happen and I'll be like.. ooooooowwwww Smile

krakyn
Balance issues for scouts are going to be a big I would think, skilled scout players are a nightmare as it is, yet valve will do doubt give some massive new weapon to encourage people to play the class for no good reason Mute At this stage most people now what classes they like and play them, people new to the game are going to work it out quick enough so I really don't get why valve do this Frown

Also most of the achievements are either silly and therefore very easy to get so people whine less about unlockable content or encourage you to do things as a class you should be doing anyway so I don't really get the argument saying it spoils the game flow.

Also yeah I agree with Sick that getting things in a 6v6 game is great fun and seems way more rewarding, although if you medic gets something like play doctor or grand rounds its always a little worrying Innocent

Edited by krakyn on 28-01-2009 18:08

tomregev
Achievement farming was ok with the medic update, where you needed all the achievements to get the ubersaw and most of them were bloody ridiculous. The pyro and heavy the achievements were down to earth and you don't need as much to unlock everything so there's no real reason to farm.

Raven
There gonna be a scout limit on the server?

Cpt Obvious
Scout limit of 1. Sammage on one team and Leifalot on another.

tomregev
What about Waffles? He's a bastard of a scout as well.

Raven
prob be 3 scout limit with cis bypass the limit Roll

Cpt Obvious
Ow ye forgot waffles, rarely see him in tf2 lately.

Cpt Obvious

Raven wrote:
prob be 3 scout limit with cis bypass the limit Roll

Ninja editing a ci in front of my tag prolly wont be enough to let me bypass? =P

Jump to Forum