cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » pimp my rig
 Print Thread
Mouse issues with TF2
krakyn
Back in November I treated myself to a lovely new Logitech G5, having played about with it a bit I now use a bunch of custom settings and have the side buttons used for things like voice comms. Sometime in the last week(ish), I think directly after the minor update they put out to tweak server issues, things went to buggery with it. I had never been able to alt-tab since the mouses sensitivity levels would clash and reset to default (I use far higher sense in game than desktop), now it does this straight away on loading TF2, if I press mouse 5 (the smaller of the side buttons) things get even worse and my sensitivity levels drop so low that it takes massive mouse movement for a 180 turn.

I tried updating my mouse drivers to no real effect (I think if I match my sensitivity levels before load it works till I press m5) and can't think of much else to do, I've had to start using voice activated comms which is a pest when I try and talk to someone in my room Sad I know a few people here use the g5 (or similar logitech mouses) and was wondering if they had encountered the same issue and hopefully a fix. I know Sick uses a g5 and has had this issue too but he thinks he discovered it a while before I did so I'm not certain it was that update that did it :/

Any help people can give would be great, it might not sound like much but the slight difference I now experience in aim is really of putting and having your mouse fail on you as you try and multi-uber for a big push is incredibly annoying. Angry Pop

[small](I stuck this in this forum since I couldn't pick a better one, shift it if you think it should be elsewhere)[/small]

Edited by krakyn on 22-01-2009 01:51

sick-lizard
this is causing me much pain too, dosen't seem to affect my old g5 with one less button, but my shiny new 2nd generation one is now useless for playing tf2... you might be right with timings as my short term memory can be pretty shite lol Smile

gori11a
Could be Steam problem coz i had similar prob with my Deathadder, where button 5 (could have been both side buttons) would not work in steam game. That button did not even exist as far as steam was concerned.
A case of fine one day, not another.
What about Steamcloud?

If you had a non USB mouse you could go for a full mouse driver clean out.

To view unused devices in Device Manager, do the following:

1. Open a Command Prompt by going to Start>Run and typing "cmd"
Once the Command Prompt is open, type the following lines, pressing return after each:

Set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1

Devmgmt.msc

2. In the Device Manager window that opens, go to the View menu and select 'Show Hidden Devices' - uninstall any mouse drivers under "Human Interface Devices" and HID-compliant mouse under "Mice and other pointing devices"
This should remove old devices from the registry
If you dont know what it is dont delete it!

Edited by gori11a on 22-01-2009 19:28

sick-lizard
most things if you remove by accident will just re-intsall on restart anyway Smile

gori11a
Safety firstCool

sick-lizard
Bandit

Raven
Yeah tf2 doesnt seem to recongnise my side buttons on my lachesis aswell, and driver updates avent helped

Mr G
update to tf2 next week , but no mention of this issue more to solve the map change hanging and maybe a DOS issue that been around for a few weeks. If owt comes up with mouse issue will post info.

Jump to Forum