cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » idle chat
 Print Thread
Google Chrome
Locke
Is fucking awesome.

That is all.
img238.imageshack.us/img238/4091/lockesig1po8.jpg

Epic Quotes from Mr Lazor - "time for a penis break". and "is crit japanese for clit?".

Rofl teh cake
Thanks for letting us know, now go, eat a wheelbarrow of dicks, for trying to viral advertise this shitass browser.

NaughtyMe
I'm not moving until they implement Ad Block Plus.

Mike
Since it's based off the Opera rendering system, it suffers all the same problems that Opera does. I.E It doesn't always show websites properly, certain bugs etc.

Ages ago I was testing loads of browsers, and I made a 200px width table in a .htm file and for some reason Opera rendered it at about 215px.

Not to mention you have to check the Usage agreement for anything that Google has made, they like to throw in some horrible stuff in there.

tomregev
I'm very satisfied with my firefox, I don't really see any need for another browser or any ability that it's missing.

Mr G

tomregev wrote:
I'm very satisfied with my firefox, I don't really see any need for another browser or any ability that it's missing.

As long as people dont use Internet Explorer anything is better Smile

Rofl teh cake

Mr G wrote:

tomregev wrote:

...and if not?

sick-lizard

Mike wrote:
Since it's based off the Opera rendering system, it suffers all the same problems that Opera does. I.E It doesn't always show websites properly, certain bugs etc.

Ages ago I was testing loads of browsers, and I made a 200px width table in a .htm file and for some reason Opera rendered it at about 215px.

What the hell are you on.. it uses the webkit engine not opera's.. & opera renders pages correctly to the acid2 spec & the new version renders correctly to the acid3 spec.

Perhaps your code was out of wack & you weren't specifying the correct doc type Grin If anything you can code in opera then tweak to get it to work in others that aren't comformist

If only other browsers kept in the specs coding webpages would be so much easier.

Safari & Chrome are both based on webkit & coming along nicely, for me the issues I had were quite silly ie copy & paste broke after using lots which was enough to put me off for a while. The inline spelling is nice.. but opera has had a spell checker for a while(which is fine if you remember it exists) & v10 has it inline too.. I didn't notice any difference in speed between the browsers.

For me to switch from opera would take a lot, for me the only things it lacks are the extentions that firefox has. Hopefully at some point opera will sort this as there widgets system almost looks sad in comparison..

I wouldn't use chrome full time because I do not trust google lol!

Edited by sick-lizard on 21-12-2008 13:46

Mr G

Rofl teh cake wrote:

Mr G wrote:

tomregev wrote:

...and if not?

Then the risk of infection from the internet is a % higher using IE than using a something like firefox/opera etc.

sick-lizard

Mr G wrote:

Then the risk of infection from the internet is a % higher using IE than using a something like firefox/opera etc.

lol only because ms were silly enough to make it part of the OS lol to get around monopoly investigations etc.. also everyone want to run in an administrator account giving free reign over the OS, if people used a user account at home then used the run as command when they needed admin privs then viruses wouldn't cause nearly as much damage Smile

Edited by sick-lizard on 21-12-2008 14:11

Mike

sick-lizard wrote:

What the hell are you on.. it uses the webkit engine not opera's.. & opera renders pages correctly to the acid2 spec & the new version renders correctly to the acid3 spec.

Funny, I thought I read somewhere that it uses Opera. Thankyou for belittling me weep

sick-lizard
didn't mean to belittle you Smile getting fixed lengths & widths between browsers can be a pain in the arse 100% or auto, work nice in one fail bad in other Grin

gori11a
I've been using Chrome (or m'Julie has) on the media PC just coz i hate the random IE has encountered a problem and needs to close,shit. Seems ok but then she only goes on facebook and a bit of online shopping.

Firefox on my PC 100%love

Edited by gori11a on 22-12-2008 18:36

if only i had something funny or clever to put here........

krakyn
Firefox ftw tbh Grin. Its range of apps and the things you can do with them make it superior to the other non IE browsers. Cool (IE is just plain crap)

Edited by krakyn on 22-12-2008 21:13

Locke
Apps are the devil tbh. Spell check on GC is great and built in, and the whole thing looks very clean and is extra quick.

I just think the whole thing looks neater than FF, moving tabs around is great and the start page with the images of your x many most visited sites is epicly awesome, along with the bookmark short cut tabs.

And I've not had one crash or site I haven't been able to load (except for that problem I've had for ages with eBay, Wikipedia and Youtube)
img238.imageshack.us/img238/4091/lockesig1po8.jpg

Epic Quotes from Mr Lazor - "time for a penis break". and "is crit japanese for clit?".

Jump to Forum