cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » idle chat
 Print Thread
GTA IV + SecuRom
SCi-Fi
I read last night abt the new GTA IV game and saw to my horror the words Securom,
at 1st I thought ohno and then read that you had unlimited installations.

Here is the link from ign telling you all about the protection they have chosen for those of you
who was about to buy it - Click Here!

The only bit i wanted to see in them pages was this, for me its not good enough I want it all off my
system. I dont see why i should have to go searching out crap that has been installed on my system
that I refuse 100% to have it on my system in the 1st place.. Only way is that i want to know about
every file that SecuRom installs and we have this in writing by Rockstar, so we can sue their sorry
arse if we find anymore..

In regards to SecuROM, deleting GTA IV will remove the active functions if it is the only application that requires SecuROM, but some traces will remain, such as a registry entry and file,which allows you to reinstall without re-entering your authentication code. We are working with SecuROM to post information on our support pages regarding how to remove these inactive traces if the program for users who wish to do so.

Edited by SCi-Fi on 06-12-2008 11:23

homepage.ntlworld.com/opollo/SCi-Fi.png

MESER
Im panicing this morning, I went on that can you run it site last night to check if Im ready for GTA4, (should of done it before now I know) but I didnt meet the minimum Sad, so I plan on upgrading immediatley (like today in town).

First thing it said was my Cpu failed, but the cpu speed passes even on recommended, (so does this really need to be upgraded), and my g card failed, but undersatnd coz its 4 years old (x800xt). Seen one for £50 in maplins, geforce 9500 http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?M...eNo=226779 pretty sure it does the job, but does anyone know if this fit in my system, I dont know alot atall about the hardware compatability stuff.

Please Help, (maybe I should post this in pimp my rigInnocent)

Edited by MESER on 29-11-2008 10:36

sick-lizard
nnooo no 9500 pos & is older & slower than x850

edit.. sorry just realised its nvidia not an old ati card that has risen from the dead

Edited by sick-lizard on 29-11-2008 12:51

Mike
Not buying anymore Headbang

Edited by Mike on 29-11-2008 13:01

frosty
whats the big deal with secure rom?

limited installs i can understand as a problem & frankly am not happy about(but then again spore was pants, one install would have been plenty) but the version of secure rom shipping with gta iv has unlimited installs

nax23
haha
happy that i got mine on my ps3

NaughtyMe

frosty wrote:
whats the big deal with secure rom?

limited installs i can understand as a problem & frankly am not happy about(but then again spore was pants, one install would have been plenty) but the version of secure rom shipping with gta iv has unlimited installs

And it leaves all sorts of shit on your machine that is NOT removed with the normal uninstall.

Raven
Only way to remove it is to reformat it
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Mr G
Nah ya can remove the last registry parts manually if you really wanted to, all these are a key crc registry notes so when you do reinstall you don't have to add them again.

lol scare mongering, anyone would think ya American news broadcasters talking about Iraq.

JunkfoodMan
I'm not happy I bought this game at all.
Waste the money on something fun instead, guys. This isnt at all like the previous GTAs.

NaughtyMe
I agree - Sick can we have a Steam Group link to Redtube so we can all masterbate at the same times...

...I think this stuff is stronger than I normally get

Rofl teh cake
Fuck redtube, use keezmovies.com or fantasti.cc.
Seriously, their shit is awesome.

MESER

JunkfoodMan wrote:
I'm not happy I bought this game at all.
Waste the money on something fun instead, guys. This isnt at all like the previous GTAs.

I prefered saints row 2 for single player, but the multiplayer on GTA4 is what Ive been waiting for my whole life, and now its on steam with 32 man servers Im so happy I could cry.

Masson

Rofl teh cake wrote:

i wonder where you got that keylogger from cake

Rofl teh cake
Srsly, GTA Multiplayer. ENOUGH SAID. This is one of the game I'm definetly gonna get when I got a new pimped rig. Its GTA, fucking hell, it has guns and cars and bitches and shit.

JunkfoodMan
GTA multiplayer isn't as good as it looks from my few personal experiences. I just get so bored.

Mike
I played the PS3 version at my mates house when it came out. It's alright, good graphics and everything. I just didn't find it as fun as the GTA3 series. It doesn't have as much humor in it either Sad

Edited by Mike on 03-12-2008 20:37

frosty
gta iv & 4870hdx2 = slideshow at default (auto detected) settings =( it works pretty well inside the safe house but i wasnt really looking for a bedsit simulator

after a little forum reading i opted for losing a little shadow quality & detail distance - it works with high res textures running =D the frame rate aint great but i'm hoping that it will improve a bit with the next ati driver release

& for me the social aspect of the game they have added is a bit of a pain in the ass, given the option i'd throw the mobile phone provided in the nearest bin or at a passer by =D

my fave moment asisde from playing chase with the cops - is just hanging around for 2 mins outside the 2nd safehouse, its quite amazing how life like the streets of liberty city can be.

Edited by frosty on 04-12-2008 04:37

frosty

Masson wrote:

Rofl teh cake wrote:

i wonder where you got that keylogger from cake

LOL

frosty
ok i take back the slide show & bedsit simulator comments - turns out i was was using octobers drivers - the set released in november have sorted all preformance issues with gta iv @ auto settings and its now running sweet

bizzarly this has also fixed a wierd clock issue that meant the the 2nd core on the card was in 3d mode @ startup but the fan was only going at 2d speeds - meaning the gfx card would get real hot while doing nothing at all (was launching a 3d app to fix this) - now however it now starts & stays at 50% fan speed (before was 25% rising to 33& at peak) and it sounds like thers a fucking hoover in there =O

Jump to Forum