cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Left 4 Dead CD Question
JunkfoodMan
I just bought the CD version of the game, is it recognized by steam at all?
Like, would it appear in the "My Games" list, or would I have to do that manually?
Also, is the console available in the CD version?

Mike
Maybe you could put it in and find out? Wink

Yeah, it's exactly the same process as the download version. It'll load up steam, you input the key and it'll install on steam.

CD steam games = Downloaded steam games, so you get the same content (inc. console)

Edited by Mike on 22-11-2008 16:04

spaceboy
Yeah it's mental, I bought through Amazon cos it was like £14 cheaper... which just makes no sense as they have to include the costs of creating a disk and packaging..not to mention postage, all I needed was the key and now I'll never need that disk again!

JunkfoodMan

Mike wrote:
Maybe you could put it in and find out? Wink

Yeah, it's exactly the same process as the download version. It'll load up steam, you input the key and it'll install on steam.

CD steam games = Downloaded steam games, so you get the same content (inc. console)

Thanks, I just ordered it off amazon for the same reason as Spaceboy. Just had to make sure.

NaughtyMe

Spaceboy wrote:
Yeah it's mental, I bought through Amazon cos it was like £14 cheaper... which just makes no sense as they have to include the costs of creating a disk and packaging..not to mention postage, all I needed was the key and now I'll never need that disk again!

It actually does make sense. The charge on Steam compared to the retail shop version is virtually the same in the US. However, factor in the low pound and tax duties and voila, it seems like a heaped up amount on Steam. If they had a UK server I'm sure it would almost be comparable. Don't forget too, that Amazon is looking at you purchasing other goods when you purchase the game. They take a small hit for this to make a profit on other goods.

Jump to Forum