cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » idle chat
 Print Thread
Push to talk
alecom
Kay so now I have a headset ;O
I can get the mic working ... but can NOT have the button I want as the 'push' to talk. When it's V (default) it will work fine, but when I have something like MOUSE5 (one of the side buttons on my mouse), it just fails. Occassionally, the ! bubble appears for like half a second, though I'm holding it down. The side buttons work fine for things like last disguise, so I dunno what the problem is ): .In that situation it will always work, whereas for voice, it only rarely has the half second working thing.

Anyway, I'm not comfortable with v, so am experimenting with shift.

So what do all you other peoples use? Grin

Edited by alecom on 21-11-2008 16:39

spaceboy
I use left control for vent and V for in game.. is there any chance the button you're trying to use on your mouse is a switch and not a button.. if you see what I mean, like it registers a change of state with a click but isn't actually one that registers that it's being held down? If so that could be it Smile

gori11a
I had a Razer Deathadder and i used to use one of the side buttons, but for no reason the side buttons stopped working in TF2 and wouldn't assign to anything.

I use F
if only i had something funny or clever to put here........

NaughtyMe
Mouse button 4 on the side of a MX518 - never stopped working. However, got so used to it, that I have to swap it to something else if I use Vent or TS, so I can use the same button in those.

Cold
mouse 5 on side of deathadder. works fine for me! Pfft

gorilla, reinstalled drivers?

alecom
Well its a logitech G5 (2007 edition i believe?) and naww, I don't think it's a switch. I'll try modifying the settings for HL2.exe so that the side buttons are page up and down.

Edit: Kay so it is then set as KP_PAGEUP, but it doesnt like that either. So meh... guess I'm stuck with shift :/

Edited by alecom on 21-11-2008 20:31

krakyn
I just use V in game since I am used to it and it works alright for me. Smile With my new mouse I have been using its side buttons but for some reason TS will only pick up one of the two buttons which is typically the one I don't want to use for it. Vent picks it up fine though so not sure what is going on. Frown I used to use F for voice programs but I always found it annoy when playing anything not medic since it meant I could only strafe one way and was pulling my hand a little of balance.

edit: I have the '07 G5 as well Aelcom will have a play with my settings tonight and see if it does that to me as well, which button are you trying to use the big one or the little one?

Edited by krakyn on 21-11-2008 20:34

Say
I like your face as a push to talk button Smile

gori11a

Cold wrote:
mouse 5 on side of deathadder. works fine for me! Pfft

gorilla, reinstalled drivers?

yep did all that /unbindall etc, dunno?

Doesen't matter now have new mouse,(thanks Julie) Roccat Konelove kicks Razer ass
if only i had something funny or clever to put here........

alecom

Say wrote:
I like your face as a push to talk button Smile

Giggle

Krakyn I can't use either of them, I don't think O_o
but would typically use the big one I guess.
Also I have f for buttons and stuff ;3 and.. yeah would kinda force strafe to left xD

Edited by alecom on 21-11-2008 21:58

Fallen Seraph
ANYONE WHO DOESN'T USE CAPSLOCK FOR VENT/TS IS A COLOSSAL PERVERT/FAILURE

also, v for ingame chat is quite handy.

I find the use of 'c' in l4d most disorientating.

spaceboy
Yeah.. I switched it to V Wink dunno why they decided to have a different default than in TF2.

Abunai
i use mouse5 fine Devil
i32.tinypic.com/1zqpwyv.jpg

alecom
Hmm capslock is in a decent position. I might have that as voice and have shift as crouch again. Depends if I can get used to shift or not.

SCi-Fi
i use the left shift, as ive got plenty of buttons on my mouse to use Grin
homepage.ntlworld.com/opollo/SCi-Fi.png

MESER
I do what ever default tells me to do, I have no mind of my ownInnocent

krakyn
Alecom I tested my G5 out last night and both side buttons work fine, check for driver updates I would think.

If you use shift you can't press tab at the same time because of the steam overlay, which if you are looking at the dead players count while talking a lot is a major problem. (note if you play clan matches this should have affected you by now Pfft )

fefe
my headset isnt working tmi
www.lolbase.net/EU/feliox/signature/0b3daa520.png

alecom
Boooooy was I silly Shock
Turns out I had mouse5 as 'toggle team disguise' .. which is weird. Must have accidentally done it on that instead of last diguise at some point.

Anyway, it works now (: I think the top arrow works pretty well, but shall have to see, when I get time to experiment Frown

Jump to Forum