cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » pimp my rig
 Print Thread
Drawing tablets?
MESER
As its that time of year, my gf's father asked what I would like for xmas, now I been looking for one of those drawing tablet things but I dont know what im lookin at and whats makes great spec.

So does anyone know much about them and where to get a good deal?

Id like to give him a few choices of low to high price range, but hoping for the high rangeGrin.(He gave me a ipod video the year they were released)

Edited by MESER on 14-11-2008 16:31

JunkfoodMan
Well, if you want a top-of-the-line one, get the Wacom Intuos 3. Its the best out there, but I'm unsure of the price (Pretty high as far as I know). Or you could settle for the £120 Wacom Bamboo (Fun), which has half the pressure levels and a lower resolution than the intuos 3 (I have the Wacom Bamboo Fun, it came with artrage2 and photoshop elements 5, its still a great tablet).

Raven
yeah was considering getting a graphics tablets but didnt know what to look for cheers junk Drunk
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

MESER
Thanks junk those wacom fun range look great, gonna show him the A6, that looks very suitable for what I need.
Any thing better than that will be a bonus like the A5, jus feel too cheeky pointing him at that one in that price bracket.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpro...=KB-013-WA

Thanks dudeRoll

Edited by MESER on 15-11-2008 16:18

JunkfoodMan
If anything I'd recommend the A5 wide, but it all depends on what kind of strokes you do (short and quick, or long).
Please nobody make an innuendo out of this post.

NaughtyMe

JunkfoodMan wrote:
If anything I'd recommend the A5 wide, but it all depends on what kind of strokes you do (short and quick, or long).

That's what she said.

JunkfoodMan

NaughtyMe wrote:

JunkfoodMan wrote:

That's what she said.

I saw that coming with a goddamn hubble space telescope.

Raven
lol yeah i want to get into using graphics tablet was thinking of this one as a starter to get use to it

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wacom-Bamboo-...779&sr=8-1
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

JunkfoodMan
Tbh, you dont really need to get used to it. Although it's better to get a "starter tablet" beforehand to see how much you'd use it, I'd say get a good tablet first to refrain from regretting the choice later on.

MESER
Im 90% sure he will get me the A5, but gonna put forward the website with A6, and just play innocent.

Ive been with his daughter for 8.5 years now I deserve it lol, no but seriously the bastard is a millionaire (not that hard nowadays if you own two propertys plus) so hopefully look forward to opening my A5 baby.Rock

JunkfoodMan
Well then I'm happy to say you wont be disappointed Grin

jem58
Yeah, as Junkfood said, pretty much just stick with Wacom. A couple of years ago I got myself an A5 Intuos3, amazing piece of kit. Don't use it as much as it deserves any more tbh, but once you use one for graphic design etc, you'll wonder how you possibly survived without one.

alecom
Well, definitely go with Waccom. Intuos3 is pretty darn good, A4 is a nice size, so long as you have the desk space Wink

Mike
I was going to get one once, but then I remembered I can't draw...

My mates got one and they do take up quite a lot of space, depending on the size. An A4 one will be the size of A4 Paper + a couple of centimetres because they like to add a rim to the tablet.

Definatly go with wacom, they're best quality. But they're quite pricey compared to others, but as long as you're not paying for it Pfft

alecom
Yeah, the A4 has like 6cm added, each side of the actual drawing bit - because they have extra function buttons/slider thing. The newer models might have less 'rim' though I don't know...
bottom has another 6 for the logo/resting space i guess/
top has about an inch, for a little blue light Grin

Jump to Forum