cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Zombie Panic
Ramini
Anyone else tried/liked this. I quite like it so far except when one noob joins the entire team is dragged down. I don't normally use the term but newbie doesn't fit since I'm new and don't do what they do.
Human Hoovers. The more you carry the slower you move and faster you tire which means zombies can catch you. Since ammo and weaponry are scattered around this means you've either got to be lucky to find ammo for your gun, get your teammates to bring you some or haul around every type of ammo slowing you down. On a decent server you can convince people that a stockpile is good, pick a place in the open and dump all spare ammo and guns you find so you carry only the minimum, move fast, don't die and know exactly where to return for more ammo. The problem is that you dump the spare clips you found down and someone runs along and picks them all off.. then runs off in very very slow motion. Short of following them until they die theres no ammo on the whole level Sick

Was wondering if anyone fancies a game Grin

Masson
i played it earlier but just got progressively more annoyed with other people (since when was teamwork on FPS a good idea..), and that zombies can be instantly killed by humans is quite annoying aswell

its a decent game though it definately needs some work

edit: just dl'ing DIPRIP as ive heard thats really good

Edited by Masson on 21-10-2008 19:38

Cpt Obvious
i liked it, tho i spent most of my time finding my way in the map.

Ramini
also tried DIPRIP, its fun but.. not sure, just missing something and it feels like a console game

Raven
Zombie panic isnt a bad mod, i spend most of the time running around the map lost picking anything i can find Drunk
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Rofl teh cake
If you play the map barrelhunt, you will all orgasm to death.

spaceboy
Well that's probably a reason not to play it then Grin

Devilz Slave
i played it and the humans were camping at one spot, so that they could kill al zombies, cause there was only one way.....

Ramini
The average player does camp alot, they think its the best way to win. Then they realise they are out of ammo and the zombies are still coming. Or they've got an infected in the room with them. Or the zombies all spontaneously rush and they don't have time to reload.
Had one of the best moments when I think the zombies didn't realise we could hear them. 3 of us sitting in a room with the zombies massing outside. Whitey yells into his mic, "OK guys! Lets rush them, 5 4 3 2 1! GOOOOO"
We've all reloaded, turned off our flashlights and aimed at the door. Just a wall of lead meeting a wall of flesh Grin
Moving around as a small team of 3-4 works really well, shotgun, magnum and rifle user and a pistol user who scoops up excess ammo/fallen weapons for supplying

Jump to Forum