cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » pimp my rig
 Print Thread
USB tits up
Abunai
Okay for some reason beyond my comprehension, my Creative Zen Vision : M can't connect to windows without me using this fix I found, but for the fix to work, I need windows media player 10 installed.

And since I reformatted recently, I thought "Why the hell not, install SP3", but with SP3 includes WMP11, and you *can't* delete this (thanks microsoft, assholes), and I can't rollback to 10, as 11 was the first WMP on this system.

Any sneaky ways around this so I can install WMP10?
(also I tried to install WMP10 right now, It says Incompatible with this version of windows, Im guessing SP3 again - the fuck do I do?)

Thanks in advance.
i32.tinypic.com/1zqpwyv.jpg

sick-lizard
if you were a geek you would install vmware install non sp3 version of xp, download and install something like process monitor/registry monitor then install the creative software & check which files wmp 10 uses & the registry entries created & then create a script to install said components & registry entries...

but if it was me, I cannot be arsed, so I would google some more for another fix & check the creative forums, then let forth with the moaning if no fix is forth coming.. you maybe really lucky and one of the site members may have encountered a simlar issue Smile

Edited by sick-lizard on 10-09-2008 19:41

krakyn
Try installing something like winamp. It tends to be able to read my ipod (I didn't pick it, it was a gift honest) no matter what new tricks Apple try.

Fallen Seraph
aye. I can say fo sho that winamp has support of the zen vision m without the need of any of creative's software.

also, winamp rocks.

Abunai
When I connect it, it registers a device has been plugged in and asks me to install programs, even though they already are (and the device isn't in the device manager), so the programs (WMP, winamp, creative software) don't see it and i can't charge/connect.

bleh, will go looky at forums

Don Pedro
i have encountered similar problems in the past, my thing wouldn't connect so i did a number of things
1. switched it off
2. dropped it
3. stamped on it
4. browsed to redtube
5. beat off furiously for 19 minutes
6. fell asleep
i find i am much more relaxed about the issue after these simple steps and sometimes just jump straight to no.5

www.gamingstuff.org/tf2sig.php/aid/DonPedro/tf2sig.png

Say
don you're not meant to try plugging your penis in to the computer.

Don Pedro
you're just jealous
www.gamingstuff.org/tf2sig.php/aid/DonPedro/tf2sig.png

Say
I'm quite happy leading my life without a penis. Thankyouverymuchmkay!

Clever Idiot
software & hardware, does it for me Cool

Say
please ... not all over it?! what a waste of a stick of ram... tmi

gori11a
creative forums will have a link to flash the firmware on your player this may help, fixed a dead one for me.
Dont forget that you need to back up music first coz it will wipe you stuff off.
if only i had something funny or clever to put here........

Abunai
Cant find it gorilla, linky? Devil

vadoom
Abunai, i have the same MP3 and had the exact same problem. My laptop coudn't recognize it so i tried to plug it on another computer and it did work. I think i forgot about about it and 2 weeks later, my laptop could read it again.

gori11a
sorry will have a look when i get home
if only i had something funny or clever to put here........

Jump to Forum