cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » idle chat
 Print Thread
steam virus - accounts hijacked
Don Pedro
this is taken from the ETF2L forums - <a href="http://etf2l.org/forum/gene...t=5069
-----------------------------------
AcidReniX

The Last Resort
United Kingdom

1 day ago

My steam account has been hacked. Someone on my friends list passed on a slideshow to me, i did scan before opening and thought meh! Firewall + virus scan will protect me. No, it didn’t.

If my steam account sends you anything, don’t open it.

It was passed onto me by Syrax (an american guy) who’s account was also hacked. And he got it from some other yank. So expect this thing to spread fast.

Just incase anyone else gets their shit fucked as well. I’ve changed my e-mail password etc.. on a different computer, and attempting to get the account back.

But yea, take it as a warning.

Fuckers :/
-----------------------------------

dont open any attachments from anyone including your matesSad
www.gamingstuff.org/tf2sig.php/aid/DonPedro/tf2sig.png

Say
you can't send attachments through steam ... only urls.

NaughtyMe
hmm - I heard it was .scr files (common extension relating to screensavers or SCRIPT files)

They send you an url saying somethng like- heres a great TF2 screensaver tp download...and bammo
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

wolflordandy
Thats why i never accept anything unless i know 100% what it is... and even then, only from certain people :/

Flying

NaughtyMe wrote:
hmm - I heard it was .scr files (common extension relating to screensavers or SCRIPT files)

They send you an url saying somethng like- heres a great TF2 screensaver tp download...and bammo

I wouldn't fall for that line though. My screensaver is only on when I'm gone so it would be kind of pointless.

Nevertheless .scr files have been the source of viruses eversince I can remember.
Control yourself
Take only what you need from him

Zap
there is also another scheme out there, it invites you to the Team fortress 3 BETA, if you fall for it you can wave goodbye to your account
img237.imageshack.us/img237/7803/scoutbombcopygw0.jpg

Cpt Obvious
Heh at least they use more effort then wow forums keyloggers.

"Here is pic of my sex teachers sex leg"

Hungover Engie
Team Fortress 3? How dense can you be to fall for that?
www.teamfortress.com/engineerupdate/images/achievements/THE_EXTINGUISHED_GENTLEMAN.jpg

Say
You've made people paranoid aswell!!

Hungover Engie
Wut?
www.teamfortress.com/engineerupdate/images/achievements/THE_EXTINGUISHED_GENTLEMAN.jpg

CenTinela
This isnt new.

ppl is sendind that links more than a year ago. I know ppl who has lost his account two times rofl.

Don Pedro
you are not paranoid if its true.Shock
www.gamingstuff.org/tf2sig.php/aid/DonPedro/tf2sig.png

solent

Cpt Obvious wrote:
Heh at least they use more effort then wow forums keyloggers.

"Here is pic of my sex teachers sex leg"

where? you didn't add the link D=
solent

Jump to Forum