cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » pimp my rig
 Print Thread
New Mobo...... yay
gori11a
Asus P5Q-E Intel P45

My current board is a ddr2/ddr3 combo jobbie and was always intended as a stop gap.

It has mainly worked well but i think it is struggling to power a overvolted overclocked quad core cpu. Lately it been acting a bit strange had to reduce a few settings. Never been the same since i blew the fan outputsSad

DDR3 is still soooo expensive with not much real world gain, so i'm sticking with DDR2.

This is a bit overkill for me as i would never spend out for dual grafix but going to have it for a while i spose.

should be here 2moraGrin
[small]http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpro...otherboard[/small]

(now 800quid overdrawn coz i booked holiday to, Cool)
if only i had something funny or clever to put here........

Bios
good choice dude, excellent board, you'll love it Grin
server2.uploadit.org/files/mrbios-biossig.jpg

gori11a
Ta,
check back here m8 may need some help with some of the settings, loads more than I'm used toShock

and what stuff from the asus cd is worth havin?

Bios
i didnt bother with the CD apart from drivers (though i think theres new drivers on the asus site now so its probably not even worth using for those Pfft)
server2.uploadit.org/files/mrbios-biossig.jpg

gori11a
Fucking problems alreadyAngry corrupt bios on arrival and now dead power supply. Computer are just like cars, great when they are working but shit and fucking useless when they're not.

Mr G
shit dude Sad very unlucky mate, hope ya not pulled all ya hair out i know i would have :/

gori11a
PSU.... good ol Maplins
bios im not sure about loose all setting when unpluggedSad

Tinger
only if you take out the battery

gori11a
Yes normally, but lost all settings when i unplugged to move it, came back on in bios recovery mode which is weird.

Jump to Forum