cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Teamspeak Applet for Logitech g15
Fionny
Here is a most useful applet for the g15 keyboard, it shows who is speaking in game etc.. and also if someone drops it shows who.

Very handy for matches.

http://www.schmads.com/g15teamspeak.htm

edited to be proper linky Smile

Edited by sick-lizard on 20-05-2008 22:24

ShiftyJaffa
cheers fionny Grin

mrbreckles
What do you guys say of the keyboard itself. Besides the fact it has a screen, what's it like for gaming?
Im seriously looking at getting one but want to know what its like from real people rather than reading made-up testimonials on review sites.

Ramini
I've got one, I love it as a keyboard, the media controls are what I use mostly for controlling songlisting. The lcd screen is useful, I mainly use it as the clock but it's also got ventrillo support as well as teamspeak it seems. Think of it as a mini monitor that you can see essential info on. I've not got it to work with most games yet to display scores but I don't really mind about that.

The macro keys on the left I don't use, they're advertised as shortcuts for mmos etc but there have been cases of WoW banning people for using them as technically they're botting as they include a wait command.

Also it lights up which makes it very pretty.

I have the old style g15 with the flip up screen but apparently they're discontinued and the new one looks different, not too sure which I prefer.

Apart from the G keys and the screen there aren't many gaming features really that I use, theres a switch to disable the windows key so that doesnt accidentally minimise the window but I've only ever had that happen once in 7 years of gaming. I suppose it could then be used as an extra keybind.

If you're getting a new keyboard I'd say go for it, if nothing else its pretty.

Locke
I've gotta get me one of these.
img238.imageshack.us/img238/4091/lockesig1po8.jpg

Epic Quotes from Mr Lazor - "time for a penis break". and "is crit japanese for clit?".

NaughtyMe

Ramini wrote:
I've got one, I love it as a keyboard, the media controls are what I use mostly for controlling songlisting. The lcd screen is useful, I mainly use it as the clock but it's also got ventrillo support as well as teamspeak it seems. Think of it as a mini monitor that you can see essential info on. I've not got it to work with most games yet to display scores but I don't really mind about that.

The macro keys on the left I don't use, they're advertised as shortcuts for mmos etc but there have been cases of WoW banning people for using them as technically they're botting as they include a wait command.

Also it lights up which makes it very pretty.

I have the old style g15 with the flip up screen but apparently they're discontinued and the new one looks different, not too sure which I prefer.

Apart from the G keys and the screen there aren't many gaming features really that I use, theres a switch to disable the windows key so that doesnt accidentally minimise the window but I've only ever had that happen once in 7 years of gaming. I suppose it could then be used as an extra keybind.

If you're getting a new keyboard I'd say go for it, if nothing else its pretty.

I have the cheaper G11 - without the little screen. Does everything I need it too, nice backlit keyboard for those dark nights where you're too busy to turn the lights on etc.

I have to pull you up on the WoW comment though - as much as I have never played and never will play WoW - how exactly are they detecting that people have a G15 keyboard????! The software is your side and the delay time is your choice - so I think this is shenanigans!
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

Ramini
I'm not entirely sure I just came across many examples after I heard of someone getting banned for it. May be the equivalent of an ubran legend though I suppose. I believe Blizzard runs a program on your computer called Warden to detect third party bots and this picks up on the G15 program.

sick-lizard
I know punk buster has issues when a program is updated which hooks the game.. ie TS overlay has been updated punk buster see's it hooks the game & dosn't have that new versions signature registered as good so thinks you have a cheat & da kick follows...

I could see the addtional wait introduced by the program being labled cheating if the game dosen't allow so the anti cheat will see the state of the user input being altered & call cheat...something well worth considering before using a feature read the rules...

Fionny
I like my g15 personally its the new model with the fixed screen (orange backing), the lcd has great potential and the TS view makes it invaluable to me in clan games when i cant figure out who's talking.

Also i managed to get a TF2 App working on it which is ok give a bit of detail as of yet its a bit cluttered with detail.

Havent used the macro keys much myself but could be useful for rocket jumps etc if you wanted to map them out.

Flying
Blizzard doesn't ban people who have this keyboard. They do ban people that set up macro's that allows them to be afk whilst their character is doing stuff. So don't be afraid getting banned. I've been using this keyboard for about a year and it does the job. If you use it with proper manner then I don't see how this could get you banned.

I do have version 1 though, which has a blue light. The new version doesn't seem that practical, the only thing that does appeal to me about the new version is that the screen is built in (which it isn't in v1 and that's a downside for me).
Control yourself
Take only what you need from him

mrbreckles
I might go for it.
It'd be for the screen more than anything.
How are the keys for gaming?
As in too sensitive, or the opposite etc?

NaughtyMe
The G15 is essentially the G11 with a screen, that's what I have. My opinion: The keys are good.

1. They are NOT clicky - you know, push: "click", let go "click"
2. They are NOT soft - you know: "did I push that button or not"

Good resistance

You should note that this is a LARGE keyboard. With the media and screen at the top, memory keys and the wrist support, it is a hefty size. I'm alright with it, because I have a HUUUUGE desk, but I know some people saying it was hard to wedge it into their computer space.
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

Fionny
the newer g15 is tidier also because the killed one row of macro keys, the screen is pretty neat only a small bit bigger then a standard keyboard now imo, the 2 usb sockets on it are handy also for memory keys etc...

Jump to Forum