cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » idle chat
 Print Thread
ETF2L Cup Final 4Kings vs Fracture TONIGHT
jem58
Since there was a thread for the ED semi-finals the other day, I figured this deserved one too Pfft

ETF2l (european tf2 league) is quite a big league, with teams split into divisions etc (http://etf2l.org/tables/), and alongside the normal league they've been having a big ol' tournament with pretty much all the best european tf2 teams (http://etf2l.org/cup/). To give an idea of the standard, UNi and wotr both got knocked out in the quarter-finals.

Anyway, tonight is the final, and 4kings will be playing fracture on a first-to-two map wins basis, potentially involving 5 maps (!!!) if a lot of them end in draws, which is a possibility - cp_pro_granary - cp_badlands - ctf_turbine - cp_well - cp_gravelpit.

They're pretty much the two best european tf2 teams (and our very own sammage even played for fracture for a while Pfft) and it'll be worth a watch.

Time: 8pm (methinks)
Place: www.quadv.com will be livecasting the match, and you'll be able to watch it afterwards on their site if you miss it. If you don't want to hear commentators etc, then at about 8pm go into the 'find server' window of tf2, hit the 'spectate' tab, and sort it by the highest number of spectators. It'll be at the top.
Excuses for missing it: none.

Zap
haha, I'll have to watch it after its over. we got our own match tonight against VGN
img237.imageshack.us/img237/7803/scoutbombcopygw0.jpg

jem58
? I thought we were playing vgn next sunday?

Sammage
Sweet! Four Kings are the best team ever on granary, just winning points against them is hard, but Fracture rock badlands. And Fracture now has appz, four king's best scout. Other than fojji (a quake god, well worth googling, scout v scout he kept me in spawn x_x) the best scout I've played against. Should be good!

Judging by the map order though, my money is on four kings.

Zap

jem58 wrote:
? I thought we were playing vgn next sunday?

gah I misread the date Grin

gonna watch it then

jem58
Yeah it's a shame kompaniet had to fold, they had some great players, and I just watched some footage of fojji in the quakecon 2007 final. Epic stuff.

My money's on 4k too - I reckon they'll take gran, frac will take badlands and 4k will win turbine - I'm pretty sure they've beaten fracture on it in the past, though the recent lineup changes could make things a little more interesting.

Cold
i have an excuse for not watching!

I point blank refuse to watch anything like this Pfft

luckz0r
how do i watch it?
www.lockesnest.com/ci/luckz0rkc3.JPG

Zap
linky

http://www.quadv.com/index.php?option...view&id=71

sick-lizard
with great difficulty with the game server crashing goto the link jem put up in his post

sick-lizard
Fracture will win Grin

NaughtyMe
Wow what a fuck up with the server - tuned in and server changes, stuck cameras, locked tv etc

Lol
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

luckz0r
this is shit.
i was watching then it crashed... i went to rejoin and it was god damn full Sad
looks like watching the replay on quadv.com.
anyone who watched how was it.
from specing it looked like fracture were abit stronger but hell wht do i no. Grin
www.lockesnest.com/ci/luckz0rkc3.JPG

Zap
4k won the match it was very even! they only won each round with one point

sick-lizard
was close but 4k took it in the end.. hopefully somebody else remembers the exact score.. good game Wink

ShiftyJaffa
happened to us all luckzor, we all started watching quadtv, but put the server on retry and got in after a few mins. pretty close games, 4k won both maps by just one round, some crazy moves by some of em Smile

Edited by ShiftyJaffa on 18-05-2008 21:36

jem58
Yeah it was 5-4 on granary and 4-3 on badlands - the final game in each decided it. Very even, shame it didnt go to turbine Sad

nicolastheadept

Excuses for missing it: none.

AGGHH just read this now 21:38 Sad

Sammage
And both games ended about 90 seconds before it would have been called a draw, soo close. Really good games on the whole.

gori11a
It was ok but i think we are betterShock
if only i had something funny or clever to put here........

Jump to Forum