cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
New map themes for TF2
Zap
just found this on the steam forums

Glad to hear you"™re enjoying TF2.

New map environments are always a tradeoff between the amount of new content in a map and the amount our players want to download. Obviously, re-using assets from other maps that are already on your hard drive means the download is significantly smaller. That said, we are working on a new environment for two of our maps in development, and hopefully you"™ll see some of that soon.

Robin

so two new maps with a different theme doesn't sound bad at all Pfft

link to the thread
img237.imageshack.us/img237/7803/scoutbombcopygw0.jpg

RebelRobert
Sweet! two new maps ey? Grin

Acegikmo
Nice, 2 new maps!
And new environment sounds interesting.
Hope they go for a snow theme, I dreamt about a snow TF2 map a few weeks ago Smile

RebelRobert
Haha ace you are wierd to dream about tf2 Wink, anyways snow theme would be awesome! Niice! Grin

Abunai
Tropical island evil headquarters is crying to be used in TF2
i32.tinypic.com/1zqpwyv.jpg

mrbreckles
Yeah, it has to be something OTT.
Something like Abunai said.
Or an urban theme, maybe a city-scape..

agrippa

Abunai wrote:
Tropical island evil headquarters is crying to be used in TF2

that is an absolutly wonderful idea. Never was a theme more suited to tf2 that that kind of setting. A dustbowl gameplay map that is set on a tropical evil headquarters (similar to Dr Evils in Austin Powers 2 or 3). First level cold be outside, second level is half outside half inside, the final level is all inside the evil layer, complete with command centre and evil chair that one sits in and strokes a pet cat while plotting to rule the world...

Fionny
I like it, i like it alot, getting a bit fed up of the old Western theme type thing,

agrippa
thems sound like fightin' words to me.... (sorry, thats the only wetsernism i know)

Edited by agrippa on 30-04-2008 00:51

TinyT
True, the tf2 maps are a bit..... repetitive when it comes to the enviroments.

Territory control in a Desert enviroment, territory control in an industrial enviroment and just to mix things up, capture the flag in a desert/industrial enviroment
(shamelessly stolen from zero puctuation)

I support the idea of a tropical evil genius map, would fit tf2 perfectly

We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world

Jump to Forum