cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
The 3 new medic weapons revealed
Acegikmo
Blutsaugher - The first unlock, coming after 1/3rd of the achievements have been obtained, will replace the syringe gun. The gun will have a 0% chance to critical hit an enemy but will draw health with each successful hit.
Critzcrieg - This second unlock comes after the player has earned 2/3rds of the new achievements. This is the weapon that replaces the ubercharge's invulnerable period, opting to give the Medic's target a 100% chance for critical hits for a period of time.
Ubersaw - The final weapon comes only when all 36 achievements have been earned. This weapon, when it successfully connects with an enemy, will fill up the ubercharge up by 1/4th of its total. Four successful hits will completely fill up the Medic's ubercharge.

Sounds great Smile

Ramini
Oh my...
The syringe sounds good but the only time its ever been useful is if it crits and saves your skin for me.
I can see the crit uber only being useful when combined and bringing soldiers back onto my list of people I uber. Demomen won't matter much with it, heavies will probably die too fast as will pyros but 4 crit rockets firing down an alleyway are going to be deadly.
The saw.. thats imba. How many times do you use the saw!
Double medic teams will be even more imba.
Medic #1 makes 4 connections with saw, ubers medic 2 who does the same.. cycle.
Or with the crit gun, instant kill bonesaws.

Even single medics.. run in, get 2 or 3 bonesaw hits then uber and retreat.

Edited by Ramini on 16-04-2008 09:46

Say
I read that first one as a buttslaughter ... :rol:

Raven
Sounds pretty good Smile will add more tactics to the gameplaySmile
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Fallen Seraph
O-er! I can't say I'm too much a fan of the new syringe gun. Crits come very rarely on the syringe gun, but when they do... Giggleol:

I can't wait for the critzkrieg. (Also, rolf what a name!)

As for the new bonesaw, I would like to be the first person to point out that that is complete hax. Which, as a medic, I look forward to.

After having given sammages uber-charged medic tactic a bash (which is a huge pile of fun) imagine what you could do with two medics: one ubercharges the other, then he other only has to hit four times with the bonesaw to get his uber, which he then gives to the first medic, who then gets four hits... etc... I, for one, cannot wait until I get to give that chaining a bash.

Oh lawd I can't wait.

MESER
Wicked that bonesaw upgrade will rule I love to saw
[url]
http://cleveridio...aw&game=tf[/url]

I never use syringe gun anyways unless a scout is running away with intel.

Does anyone know if youve already done the new acheivements will it register when they are released?

Armacoast
The new bonesaw is really bad. 4 hits with it and then got an ueber." Oh this is bad!"
i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb118/Armacoast/9b3200whoa.gif

agrippa
yeah im not keen on ubersaw because i frequently get bonesaw'd as a spy. I might be missing something here but what is the downside of the ubersaw? The unlocks were supposed to have downsides/tradeoffs.

The other two unlocks have a significant tradeoff such as uber/crit charge and valve have said they want to make it tactical as opposed to omgwtfimb. So out of interest what the source on the OP (i would google but i dont have time while on my lunch, only 4 mins left)?

EDIT:: if the new ubersaw meant that the medic got no needle gun then THAT woudl be an interestign tradeoff.

Edited by agrippa on 16-04-2008 14:02

Fallen Seraph

MESER wrote:
Wicked that bonesaw upgrade will rule I love to saw
[url]
http://cleveridio...aw&game=tf[/url]

I never use syringe gun anyways unless a scout is running away with intel.

Does anyone know if youve already done the new acheivements will it register when they are released?

the syringe-gun consistently kills pyros who aren't smart enough to take on the medic with a shotgun. They just run at you getting needled while you run away, and they'll never catch you. I find it's really useful like that.

Also I think these are being released around the 20th or 21st iirc.

agrippa

Fallen Seraph wrote:

Also I think these are being released around the 20th or 21st iirc.

Lets not forget to take into effect valve time ... Pfft Also valve release might be late in the day PST on the 21st, whihc would make it early in the morning on the 22 in europe.

Also with the ubersaw -> will a pair of medic be abel to run up to a set of turrets and hit them with teh ubersaw in turns? Stationary targets, constant refills of the ubermeter, Only a smart demoman could stop that Sad

Also the first unlock will give instant feedback if the medic shoots an enemy spy in disguise.

I dont want to judge before ive played it but im not keen on all this (on paper anyways, it might play well).

Edited by agrippa on 16-04-2008 14:12

Acegikmo
I think the Ubersaw will be harmless, or without crits.
Otherwise it's too good

agrippa

It adds 25% to your ubercharge after scoring a hit, at the expense of a 20% slower firing speed compared to the standard Bonesaw.

taken from:http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x...le.x/52237

Discuss.

Acegikmo
I still think it's a bit too powerful

Fallen Seraph
I took the text in the article to imply that the uber is only charged when hitting enemy players, as distict from enemy buildings? So you wouldn't just be able to whack at a sentry gun? It would be a little silly to be getting a guarenteed extra uber from attack a sentry... I doubt this is the case?

FuZz
Everyone seems to be overlooking the glaringly obvious fact that it is still, a Melee weapon. Despite all the ranting about how good the bonesaw is, not many decent players who are "aware" of those around them will find themselves getting bonesawed very often.

Also to point out that whenever said medic is running around like a headless chicken desperately trying to get bonesaw hits in (and more than likely dying to heaveis/soldiers/demos in the process), noone is getting healed by them.

Frankly, I think the ubersaw's uses in realistic scenarios will be pretty limited, but it'll be good for a laugh, and that's about it.
img80.imageshack.us/img80/7185/userbar522753bs9.gif

Sammage
These all sound awesome, can't wait to mess around with them. Will it make every hit with a spy backstab? or every sniper shot a headshot? Will the syringe gun take your health over normal limits?

Can't wait for other class stuff either. I want a scout bat that makes me 25% more obnoxious each hit. BOINK.

Ramini
Now I think about it the ubersaw adds an element of risk to medic. If you're willing to dive into combat to get that extra uber % faster then you're risking losing what you have also. I still think medic duos will be imba though.

Abunai
I couldn't find a post on this but i guess it's around the forum somewhere waiting for me to make an arse of myself but oh well :

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x...le.x/52249
i32.tinypic.com/1zqpwyv.jpg

Acegikmo
Here's the new bonesaw:

www.csnation.net/images/content/image_43693.jpg

FuZz
Haha, love the graphic! Grin
img80.imageshack.us/img80/7185/userbar522753bs9.gif

Jump to Forum