cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Front lines:Fuel of war
MESER
Been thinking about purchasing this game from steam, watched a few videos and it looks alot like BF2 but its got some mad new weapons and extras like remote control mini air/ground assault vehicles.

http://www.frontlines.com/

Anyone thinking about getting it or is it nothing special?

FuZz
I've got it, special edition, arrived on Monday. Haven't had much of a chance to play it yet due to this week's matches etc and being on the early shift and having to go to bed early like a good boy Pfft

From what I've heard from friends who have played it a bit it's really good fun, but nothign more in depth than that I'm afraid. I'll let you know my impressions as soon as I've played it Smile
img80.imageshack.us/img80/7185/userbar522753bs9.gif

MESER
Yer let me know what you think dude thanks.

I really enjoyed the fighter jets and dog fighting in BF2, all those vehicles in the FL videos should be great funGiggleol:

FuZz
Aye, BF2 was a good timesink for me as well, although never was too big a fan of the planes. Was a bit of a chopper ace though! By the end of the time I spent playing I could fly up to the map ceiling (without a gunner), switch to the gunner seat, control the remote missile to take out a tank, then switch back to the pilot's seat and recover from a flat spin just before the chopper hit the deck.

Doesn't sound too hard, but bearing in mind that the entire time the chopper has no pilot (ie while you're doing the gunning) it just plummets towards the deck spinning in ever increasing speed circles...gives you a headache if you do it too much Pfft

Rinse and repeat on public servers, bound to piss people off Grin

Edited by FuZz on 06-03-2008 11:58

img80.imageshack.us/img80/7185/userbar522753bs9.gif

Tinger
I was on the beta for frontlines

I did like the urban level but thought the more open desert level sucked.
The remote control mini air/ground assault vehicles are cool though

MESER
Yer that must been mad doing that on BF2 I tried it a few times but messed up teaming up in large chopper was wicked too.

Nice one tinger if all you guys are gonna be playing It may have to be purchased. Spread the Ci force:yes:

Tinger
I aint buying it :no:

MESER
Your making me moist tinger with your explicit hardcore linkWink

Yer steams asking alot $57 without vat what does that transfer to in sterling, play.com want £25 free del. prefer to use steam but gotta justify the money.

Edited by MESER on 06-03-2008 21:57

Tinger
That site has everything you need to know Wink

www.uk420.com/boards/uploads/1161453392/gallery_2_3_29386.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Clever Idiot
Ive been to the place that name comes from mate Smile It can be a right pain in the arse though , since all malanize belive they are the high power and all non malana are untouchable. Very strange place indeed.

pay double bubble in that valley for gear , any where outside of its cheap as chips.

But that is one fecking lovly looking bud.

Edited by Clever Idiot on 07-03-2008 00:21

Jump to Forum